Christian Albers before the start of the race, he suffered a big accident during the race
This year at Imola , history repeated itself, last year it was Micheal who wasn't able to find a way past Alonso despite being quicker, this time it was Alonso on the receiving end. And no surprise that this popular victory led to an outbreak of scarlet fever.
Most Exciting Moment of the Race
In the first lap itself, Yuji Ide scooped the Midland of Albers, making him go into quite a few summersaults before he came to rest.
2006 Formula One San Marino Grand Prix Results
1. Michael Schumacher (Ger) Ferrari 1:31:06.486
2. Fernando Alonso (Spa) Renault +00:02.096
3. Juan Pablo Montoya (Col) McLaren 00:15.868
4. Felipe Massa (Brz) Ferrari 00:17.096
5. Kimi Raikkonen (Fin) McLaren 00:17.524
6. Mark Webber (Aus) Williams-Cosworth 00:37.739
7. Jenson Button (GB) Honda 00:39.635
8. Giancarlo Fisichella (Ita) Renault 00:40.200
9. Ralf Schumacher (Ger) Toyota 00:45.511
10. Rubens Barrichello (Brz) Honda 01:17.851
11. Nico Rosberg (Ger) Williams-Cosworth 01:19.675
12. Jacques Villeneuve (Can) BMW Sauber 01:22.370
13. Nick Heidfeld (Ger) BMW Sauber 1 lap behind
14. Vitantonio Liuzzi (Ita) Toro Rosso-Cosworth 1 lap
15. Scott Speed (US) Toro Rosso-Cosworth 1 lap
16. Tiago Monteiro (Por) MF1-Toyota 1 lap
R David Coulthard (GB) Red Bull-Ferrari 47 laps
R Takuma Sato (Jpn) Super Aguri-Honda 44 laps
R Christian Klien (Aut) Red Bull-Ferrari 40 laps
R Yuji Ide (Jpn) Super Aguri-Honda 23 laps
R Jarno Trulli (Ita) Toyota 5 laps
R Christijan Albers (Ned) MF1-Toyota 0 laps
Reactions from Formula One drivers
"We should have qualified harder and we could have raced harder"
McLaren boss Ron Dennis
"I believe our contender for the championship is Raikkonen and not Schumacher"
Renault boss Flavio Briatore
"It feels great, what else can you say - we've had an amazing weekend"
Formula One has never been better
Published by Tikna on Monday, April 24, 2006 at 4/24/2006 05:18:00 am